The purpose of this document is to introduce Rublon Authentication (Rublon Access Gateway) into Freshdesk authentication process and enable Two-Factor authentication process for Freshdesk users. To be able to achieve that, it is required to create Rublon Access Gateway application as well as configure several SSO settings on Freshdesk administration panel site. All needed steps will be described within this document.
- Rublon Access Gateway
Download Rublon Access Gateway certificate
- Sign in to Rublon Access Gateway
- Go to Applications->All applications
- Download certificate
- You will need it in G Suite SSO settings and during adding app to Rublon Access Gateway
Setup Rublon Access Gateway integration
- Login to Freshdesk and choose Admin Panel from Left bar.
- Chose Security From General Settings group:
- Set admin who will get notifications and click Single Sign On (SSO):
- Turn on Single sign-on:
- Chose SAML SSO from drop down list in Single sign-on section.
- Fill required data from Rublon Access Gateway
- For “Entity ID provided by the idP” copy value from Rublon Access Gateway metadata – “Entity ID”
- For “SAML SSO URL” use SSO URL from Rublon Access Gateway
- Choose “Only Signed Response” in Signed Options
- Copy “Logout URL” from Rublon Access Gateway to “Logout URL”
- Open downloaded certificate and copy value to “Security certificate”
- Signing Options set as “Only Signed Response”
Force SAML authentication
In Step 4 in the previous section you can choose which methods are allow to use. Set all to off and leave Single sign-on turned on. Make sure you have correctly configured SSO before you turn off other sign in methods
Add application to Rublon Access Gateway
- Login into your Rublon Access Gateway instance.
- Open “Applications” perspective.
- Select “Add application” tab
- Fill form with data where Freshdesk URL is
https://YOUR_DOMAIN.freshdesk.com(where YOUR_DOMAIN is your domain registered within Freshdesk):
- Application name for you to recognize it in the system
- Go to
YOR_DOMAIN.freshworks.com/securityand Sign in
- Chose Login Method in Single sign-on
- Copy from Service Provider(SP) Entity ID
- Go to
- Assertion Consumer Service:
- NameID format: urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:unspecified
- NameID attribute: your authentication source attribute name which will return your mail in Freshdesk.
- Check “Sign Response”
- Add downloaded certificate from Rublon Access Gateway to “Certificate for singing” field
Check integration with Freshdesk
- Go to your domain login website e.g.: “my_domain.freshworks.com”
Provide login and password
Please fill in with your organization’s account credentials(Active Directory, LDAP).
Choose one of available authentication methods to fill Rublon second factor
Get access to Freshworks home page
From this page you can move to Freshdesk site.